Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hyperlinking 101-- A beginner's guide

The most important thing I have learned so far in journalism class is how to physically set up a news story. By putting the summary of the whole story in the first sentence, the reader has an idea of what they will be reading. I also have learned that there are different types or styles of news stories that a journalist can report. The most popular, I have noticed, are the kinds of news stories that somehow relate to the reader whether it be by geography or by a person.

I learned about web 2.0 and how websites like Twitter and Blogger are used to present the news to people in an appetizing way. I've learned that more people are likely to read a blog entry (someones personal take on a news story) rather than the hard facts written in plain format.

I would like to learn more about how to organize my writing and where to put certain facts (who, what, when, where, why, how).

No comments:

Post a Comment