Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Begin the Begin.. An Intro to my Tech presentation

I've been continually been researching my topic through my Google reader. Right now I'm looking at how digitalizing books and other various media (newspapers, movies, etc) are accessible to the average consumer. I'm also going to finish researching the history of digitizing media (the timeline) and hopefully sometime next week I will develop a thesis statement for my topic. I want to have Miller review it and see if it needs to be tweaked at all, additions/subtractions, etc.

I found out that one blog on my reader, Booksquare, has a lot of info about trends in digital books, etc. Very interesting stuff b/c it talks about current and classic books as well as dig. docs. Hopefully I can get in contact with one of the contributors so we can discuss the trends and ins and outs of technology and books. We'll see where that goes.

I've tried to come up with a rough thesis statement for this project. I'm willing to take any suggestions as I post what I was thinking. Also, I came up with a basic outline, going from the history of digital media to current events and all the fun info in between.

1 comment:

  1. Sean: What is your thesis? How are you planning to present your information? Use your blog as a place to try out your ideas and think out loud. It will help you find clarity on what it is exactly you want to do.

    As you get closer, be more specific with the information you discuss in your entries.

    I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete